In today’s post, I will summarise what I have learnt in this semester’s blogging experience.
Environmental Pollution impacts include:
- Soil contamination through the tranformation of synthetic fertilisers and chemicals used to ensure that the monoculture remains pest and disease-resistant
- Water pollution in the form of Eutrophication (anthropogenic) which can cause;
- Waters and ocean acidification. For the impacts of ocean acidifcation, please refer to Stephano’s blog “Save the Oceans”. He focused on ocean acidification and has thoroughly discussed the impacts.
- The geographies to eutrophication
- Soil and ground water contamination of Nitrate and its health impacts
- Air pollution and Climate change due to the reduction of carbon sinks with deforestation.
- Health impacts on farmers, consumers and the vulnerability of children and infants